About Aging Well, Planning Well
The first ever Aging Well, Planning Well event will take place at the Fraser Valley Trade and Exhibition Centre (Tradex) on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- Attend demonstrations and presentations from local doctors, other health care professionals, and community experts in healthy aging and health promotion.
- Hear from lawyers and other professionals to support your end of life planning.
- Learn about the latest healthy aging research
- Participate in fun educational sessions.
The event is being held in an effort to:
Increase health promotion and reduce disease among older adults in the Abbotsford area.
- Increase advance care planning and medication review discussions
- Increase education about wills, estates, and medical decision planning.
Aging Well, Planning Well works to create awareness about many resources available to our growing aging community and is part of the Division’s Older Adults with Complex Conditions and/or Frailty Medical Neighbourhood Shared Care project.
Funding for this project was provided by the Shared Care Committee, the Joint Collaborative Committees of Doctors of BC and the BC Government.
About the Abbotsford Division of Family Practice
Abbotsford Division of Family Practice is a non-profit society that has been given the recognition and authority to speak on behalf of Abbotsford family physicians in matters that affect the community.
Our goals are to enhance patient care throughout the front-line health care system, to build a network of support for our family physicians and to create healthier communities.
The Division is an independent, not-for-profit society, funded by the Government of British Columbia and Doctors of BC. We work in partnership with the local municipalities, community agencies, and the Fraser Health Authority.
* 50+ Exhibitors
* Expert Speakers
* Interactive Demonstrations
* Live Entertainment
* 1500+ Attendees