Aging Well, Planning Well works to create awareness about many resources available to our growing aging community.
This event is brought to you by the Abbotsford Division of Family Practice, a local non-profit society that supports Family Physicians and the initiatives they lead and engage in, and by multiple partners and sponsors.
MARCH EVENT UPDATE:
Due to current concerns related to COVID-19, and in the best interests of our sponsors, presenters and event guests, we will be postponing Aging Well, Planning Well previously planned to take place on June 13, 2020. Like so many individuals and organizations across the country, we have been closely monitoring developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Being a health focused event, the safety and well-being of our community, our staff and volunteers, is of utmost importance to us. We are working diligently with the event venue to determine a new suitable date in 2021 and look forward to sharing more details when they become available. Thank you for your understanding.
- Presentations by Doctors & other Health Professionals in healthy aging
- Hear from Lawyers & other Professionals about Wills, Estates & future health planning
- Participate in fun health promotion & chronic disease Education Sessions
- Event is open to guests of all ages, including caregivers & family members
* Early Bird and Door Prizes
* 50+ Community Resources Booths
* Expert Speakers
Guest Speakers – Joanne & Hal
Hal Johnson and Joanne Mcleod will be guest speakers at the event. For over 30 years, they they have been the faces of the TV program BodyBreak, where they encourage Canadians to live a health, active lifestyle though practical and easy tips.
They appeared on the Amazing Race Canada in the first season and have received the Governor General’s Meritorious Service Medal.